Private Istanbul Tours vs Istanbul Group Tours!
Hi everyone! Istanbul is the top important city of Turkey with its rich history and strategic importance. Also, one of the most beautiful cities in Europe. And, a place of contrasts that is lucky to be the only city in the world located between two continents; Europe and Asia.
It has spectacular monuments, rich gastronomy, and above all a lot of traditional colors in it. Istanbul also offers its visitors many guided tours that you should not miss out on! In this post, we will tell you about the best tours that you should pick before you leave Istanbul! Plus, which kind of tours you should better to pick; Private Istanbul Tours or Istanbul Group Tours! You can also read our post about the “Istanbul Travel Hacks“!
What are the Best Tours in Istanbul?
- Istanbul Old City Tour: This tour visits the most popular destinations in Istanbul; Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace, and Roman Hippodrome. If you don’t know that much information and would like to learn more about these destinations, we highly recommend you to read this post: Highlights of Old-City! This tour generally starts at around 08:00 – 08:30 am and finishes around 16:00 – 17:00. So, it is a full-day tour of the old city. However, there are shorter versions too if you have limited time. Additionally, it is one of the most famous and popular walking tours that you may find in Istanbul. Here you may see the details and book your Istanbul Old-City Tour!
- Bosphorus Cruise Tour: This tour is the second most popular tour that you may experience the Istanbul City. During this tour, you will not only see the golden horn and most important buildings located both on the European and Asian side of Istanbul but also, you will learn the most important tips given by the tour guide.
- Bosphorus Cruise and Dinner Night: This is one of the best activities if you would like to combine sailing, dinner, and traditional Turkish music. It takes a couple of hours and you may find a ticket at every corner of Istanbul.
- Food Tasting Tour: If you would like to taste the delicious Turkish Cuisine, this might be what you are looking for! Pick one of the private guided food tasting tours and experience the very rich Turkish cuisine.
- Day Trips: If you have enough time and would like to explore out of Istanbul, here is the list of most famous destinations; Cappadocia, Ephesus Ancient City, Pamukkale, Pergamum, and Troy & Gallipoli. It is possible to take a group or private tour from Istanbul. By clicking the link below, you can read our post about the Day Trips from Istanbul, or from the below link you can check our Tours from Istanbul to other destinations of Turkey: Day Trips from Istanbul!
Should I better to take Private Tours or Group Tours in Istanbul?
If we are talking about Istanbul, and if your budget allows, we do recommend picking local guided Private Istanbul Tours instead of Group Tours. The population of Istanbul is 16 – 18 million and it is the top touristic city of Turkey. So, logistics is harder than normal, and the destinations you visit more crowded than anywhere else.
This might be your only chance to explore Istanbul, and we believe that you would like to explore it as much as well and obtain maximum experience!
For your Day Trip to Cappadocia, Ephesus, or any other place, both options (Group Tour and Private Tour) can be taken since these places less crowded than Istanbul. However, if you are the one who would like to get maximum experience and comfort during your entire Turkey Tour, of course taking a private tour will be the best option for you.
If you are organizing self-travel in Turkey(on your own responsibility), we have great posts to learn more about; How to go from Istanbul to Cappadocia, Istanbul to Pamukkale, and Istanbul to Ephesus!
If you would like to start planning your Turkey Travel through a travel agency, you may see all the package categories from the below menu. If you can not see a package that matches your dream Turkey Travel, you may send an e-mail to us in order to customize a package for you!