TURKEY TOUR GUIDE
Hi everyone! Turkey is a country full of touristic destinations and tour guiding is a very important profession. In this post, we went deep into and explained all details of guiding in Turkey!
Turkey is a very rich country in which you may see plenty of very historical and cultural places! As the Great Seljuk Beylic, the Turks came through to Anatolia/Turkey from the Mongolian countryside with the 1071 Battle of Manzikert. Great Seljuk Beylic settled around the inner Anatolia.
And later, the Ottoman State was formed with the start of the division. And the Ottoman state made the Bursa the capital city of theirs civilization. During the time, they became an empire, in 1923 after staying in nearly 600 years in history scene. With efforts of the Mustafa Kemal Ataturk, the Republic of Turkey was founded in 1923. And, until today Turks are in Anatolia.
The land itself was hosted; the Hittites, Leleks, Ionians, Greeks, Eastern Romans, and many other civilizations that we could not count. On this hand, this land considered as the crossroads of the cultures.
LICENSED GUIDES AND HOW TO BECOME A TOUR GUIDE?
In Modern Turkish Country, Tourist Guide faculties play a vital role since we believe that guiding is one of the most important ways that we represent our country to foreigners. Our licensed Turkey Tourist Guides are also called voluntary ambassadors of the country’s promotion.
In Turkey, you must complete the following steps to be able to become a licensed tourist guide and work in the industry;
- After completing high school, take a challenging university exam and get a good degree to be able to educated in tourism faculty.
- Having graduated from the Tourist Guidance department of a University that lasts 5 years in total.
- After graduating from a University, you must have a tour that lasts 30-45 Days with a Professional Licensed Tour Guide who has experience of many years in the sector and approved to lead this tour by the Guidance community.
- In a final step, you must have an exam in foreign languages and get enough degrees to become a licensed tour guide.
If you have completed these all steps, you may apply to Turkey – Ministry of Culture and Tourism. After the Ministry of Culture and Tourism evaluates your application, sends you a legal tourist guiding card if you have successfully completed all stages you need to. With this working license, you may work as a tour/tourist guide in Turkey.
As you may easily understand from the text below, tourist guiding is a real serious profession in Turkey. During your University education, you get many different lessons. The majorities; Turkish History, History of Seljuk Beylics, Ottoman History, History of Religions, History of Christianity, History of Islam, History of Ottoman Art, History of Byzantine Art, Compulsory English Education, 2nd foreign language education, and many more.
So, once you have started your career of guiding, you are already an individual who can adequately represent your country that you are living in.
According to the laws, the tours operated in Turkey should include Licensed Professional Tour Guides already approved by the Ministry of Culture and Tourism! The tours operated without a guide or with an unlicensed person may cause serious fines and troubles which can turn your holiday to a nightmare!
5 ADVANTAGES OF HAVING LICENSED TURKEY TOUR GUIDE!
There are many advantages of having a licensed Turkey Tour Guide as 5 of those listed below;
- You are in good and educated hands. You learn trustable and right information on the destinations you visit!
- Your tour will not be interrupted, your holiday will not turn into a horror movie and you will not face a fine by officials.
- When you are faced with a possible problem at any point, you have a person/guide who does this profession with an approved license by the government.
- You get a trustable service in return for the amount you paid for taking your vacation.
- And, we believe that the most important thing is the time! You may compensate for the Money, however, no one can compensate for the time. By having a licensed Turkey Tour Guide, you eliminate possible problems that can cause you to waste your time indirectly.
Under the light of those all pieces of information; as IGLESIAS TOUR TURKEY, we pay our respect to this profession and we only work with professional and licensed Turkey Tour Guides. P.s: The founders of our agency Mr. Ismail and Mrs. Fatima are the Tour Guides Licensed by the Ministry of Cultures and Tourism.
In our company vision; instead of focusing on earning money, selling tour packages, more we focused to improve our service quality, provide the possible best experience to the travelers who have trusted us and make their Turkey Travel Plan through us. We believe that this brings success together with it!
- You may also get more details from the official webpage of Turkey Tourist Guide Associations; http://www.tureb.org.tr/en